Tuesday, January 22, 2008




Morning rush hour traffic was inching the wrong way. No ambulances or signs of something horrific blocking the usual flow. But instead of going south to north, the cars were all pointed north to south. For real.

As though I lived near a river, and one morning, it just decides to flow the other way. Or maybe like I exited the house into a mirrored world. Made boh practice this morning disorienting.

So there were 4 squirrels on the roof. That was interesting. And at the end, when I stood facing the pasture, not quite meditating but maybe preparing to meditate, without a breeze or a squirrel, a shower of brown leaves rained down, gently rocking to the ground before me. That was very pretty.

So. Another chapter of solo-keiko--tatatata! It's a trip, not a destination.

But it was after the keiko the kumite abruptly began...

I just listened to a Warren Zevon song I never heard before: 'I was in the house when the house burned down'. Now he's singing: 'Life will kill you'.

An interview from 2000, Jody Denberg trying with beautiful persistence to get a hold of Warren, and Warren dodging right and left and slooowly falling to.

"Make us be brave, and make us play nice..." Warren sings.

No comments: