Wednesday, April 2, 2008



Golden Gate Park is an interesting place. As a man from Vermont told two confused women from the Netherlands, "The park is designed with few signs because it encourages interactions among visitors." Then he laughed.

A man approached me from behind just as I bent with my point-and-shoot in video mode to record a pond's surface shimmering in the breeze. He asked what I was photographing, and I responded with a question, deferring to him, as though he might know better than I what I was doing.

“The movement of the water?”

“Ahhh, with the shadow against light…”

What's left of the meeting with the man from Calcutta is 8 seconds of video of water and the sound of the intersection of strangers.

1 comment:

linda said...

oops-
though the video works in 'preview', it doesn't seem to want to surface in the actual post.

sorry-