Tuesday, September 16, 2008



I'm rewriting last night's post:

The concept I wanted to convey was how we can get so hyper-alert to those things that hurt us (like mosquitoes) that we apply the same defensive actions without awareness to those things that are harmless (like lovebugs). This was hard for me to express.

Then there’s the human tendency of responding defensively to change, change that may be good for us, but drags us out of our comfortable structures: our houses and hang-outs, our routines, our systems of belief, our emotional attachments.

Nothing to do with mosquitoes or lovebugs, just a thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_bug


(art by anonymous 4th grader, Athens, Alabama)

2 comments:

Patrick Bouchaud said...

Now I wish you had kept last night's post as well...
:)

linda said...

ho!

I zapped it. Il a disparu-

though i suppose it's still snagged somewhere in the bowels of the internet-where everything and nothing disappears-