Saturday, November 22, 2008


It's a scruffy piece of land between the apartment complex and a small Citi bank. Bordered by oaks, a stand of bamboo, and the Barton Creek watershed, it fronts onto Lamar Boulevard. There have been doves, a harrier, a black fuzzy cat. A jogger, a guy on a bike, an elderly man in a black coat. A silver Chris Chicago Hot Dog trailer perches close to the street. The field was pretty trashed out when I discovered it a week and a half ago, but every morning I practice, I pick up and carry out a bag of litter. Today was the first day it really looked rather beautiful. A lot of intriguing intersections came to life.

The more you love a wild space, the more it opens up to you.

1 comment:

linda said...

How could I get it so wrong? It's not a rounded silver trailer but a boxy red trailer with yellow windows and a cartoon weiner-man dancing in a white circle. My reports can be wildly inaccurate, though I try hard.