Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sometimes I feel so damn slow, and I get hard on myself. It's as though I were stuck in stagnant waters, so different from people with nicely scheduled lives. And then the dams open, and I'm moving along. I run into the people I'm supposed to meet. I see I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing, that I'm where I'm supposed to be, with the people I'm supposed to be with. One of the biggest lessons I've learned these past years is that of timing. The body is a compass. It not only points out direction, but when to move and when to pause and hang back. You've got to pay attention to how your compass responds to people, places, sounds and smells. Don't assume you know until you've listened to the smallest physical reactions. Then, the hardest learning is to trust your compass.

No comments: