Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nest in Waffle House saguaro:

Over two years ago on a Saturday afternoon, a toll taker at the Bay Bridge greeted me as it seemed he was greeting everyone ahead of me: 'How are you today, Sister? I love you, Sister.'

I only saw him that once, but as I arrived in San Francisco a few hours ago in my weighted car, there he was, the gatekeeper to the city, wearing a warm hat that covered his ears: 'Hello, Sister. How are you this evening, Sister? I love you, Sister.'

It's a big beautiful bridge, the structure, the views, the lights. It's a beautiful city. How much the man's welcome means to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your arrival, and I'm glad you were so warmly greeted. This could be the start of something big!

linda said...

Something small but good would suit me just fine-

thank you for your own warm greeting and feeding me veggie loaf! People were very warm everywhere on this trip--