Thursday, October 30, 2008


I've been packing all week to move. It's taken much more time and energy than I anticipated, perhaps in part because oddly I don't know what I'm to do from here.

This afternoon, I ran into a stray journal, a thick, unlined double-spiraled notebook. Before I put it away with the others, I sat on the bottom step and opened it to see what was inside. On April 20, 2007, I wrote:

'He said when he first studied Shintaido--he didn't 'get' anything. But he wrote everything down. And when it's time for the information, the knowledge, to be of value, it falls together...

'The sun lighting up his hair...he said it may not seem you know where you are going--but you know where you are going.'

As I read the words, sunlight flowed through the window into my eyes. I felt relief.

(hay sculpture by Heather Kuhn)

No comments: