Friday, March 28, 2008



I was looking for a good mayonnaise joke. Instead I found something awfully familiar that had nothing to do with mayo. Sliding down the browser slope, I landed in a site, who knows how, of a voice from the past.

Sometimes the old road is just a left turn off the new.

I have moments of transparency, beautiful transparency, where I have no secrets. Brief but shimmering. Where for the first time in my life when I have dreams that I'm wearing no clothes in a public place, I feel shy but pleased. No distress.

Not an easy state to maintain, but oh so balanced, so comfortable in my skin to have no secrets, no hiding of the scars and stains, the unconventional thought or odd behavior. They are what they are.

It feels really good, those moments.

I think I'll pass on taking the left turn.

No comments: